• Gratuities are not included in the price for our services but are gladly accepted. Usually, gratuities range from 18-20% of the service price, or larger if you experience exceptional services.
COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR THERAPIST
• At L&O we specialize in customized treatments that are based on each individual guest’s needs. All aspects of our services can be customized, so please let your therapist know if you feel any discomfort or would like special attention in a particular area. Also, feel free to ask questions. The best experience always comes from honest, open communication with your therapist.
CELL PHONE ETIQUETTE
• To ensure a serene and relaxing experience for all of our guests, we kindly ask that you turn off your cell phone upon arrival at the spa and refrain from taking phone calls while in the spa. Turning your ringer off and texting during foot soaks and salt services is allowed.
• When you are at the spa, please be respectful of others. We want all of our guests to have a relaxing and memorable experience.
SPA & CANCELLATION POLICIES
APPOINTMENT ARRIVAL TIME
• Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment as you may be required to fill out paperwork. If you are late, we may need to shorten your treatment to accommodate for the next scheduled appointment.
• We require 24 hours’ notice for cancellation of services. If you cancel in the 24-hour period, you will be charged half your session fee. We reserve the right to charge up to the full-service amount for all missed appointments or late cancellations. If you cancel in a 4-hour period of your scheduled session you will be charged the full price plus 20%. A credit card number is required to hold your reservation.
• Get your L&O Gift Certificate today! Call (702) 848-2424, buy it online or stop by our spa. Please Note: No cash refunds are given for gift certificates. We gladly offer gift certificate transfers and credit toward all Lapis & Oak Spa services and products.
• Lapis & Oak Spa and Salt Lounge reserves the right to deny services or stop services during treatment at the discretion of management.
Lapis & Oak for Beginners
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO THE SPA
• Your comfort is our priority! We recommend wearing loose fitting, comfortable clothes or just wearing what you feel the most relaxed in. You will be asked to remove all jewelry, therefore we strongly recommend leaving all jewelry at home.
CAN I CHOOSE A MALE OR FEMALE THERAPIST
• Sure thing. We have both male and female therapists, so just let us know which you prefer when you book your appointment.
CAN I SHOWER BEFORE MY MASSAGE
• We do not offer showers on site, however, we highly recommend showering before all custom massages. The relaxation effect of a warm shower on both the mind and the muscles will help you be less tense during the session, which will benefit you as well as the therapist.
DO I HAVE TO GET COMPLETELY UNDRESSED FOR A MASSAGE
• This is completely up to you. Most people choose to undress completely, and some choose to leave on their underwear. Prior to your massage, your therapist will exit the room for you to get completely comfortable. During a massage treatment, we use a draping technique in which the therapist will use the sheet to cover the entire body except for the body part being worked on.
DRINK A TON OF WATER AFTER YOUR MASSAGE APPOINTMENT
• Similar to a workout, your muscle tissues can become dehydrated during a massage. Therefore, drinking plenty of water post-massage is very helpful in re-hydration, building healthy muscle tissue, and removing metabolic wastes that accumulate as your muscles are worked out.
WHAT DO I DO IN THE SALT LOUNGE
• RELAX…the salt lounge was created for you to set aside the demands of the outside world and enhance overall well-being. When your session begins, we encourage 10 deep breaths to open up your lungs and acclimate to the salt. You may choose to sit or lay down in our zero gravity memory foam loungers (whichever brings the most comfort to you).